Saturday, May 14, 2022

As yet untitled - seeking inspiration

 

FACEBOOK POST FRIDAY 13th


I need you!

I have been wangled into a project. A challenge, I guess. It’s a Toastmaster thing – could almost say I’ve been conned by a HOJO. With the implication it would be a good challenge for me.
It’s to write a blog. To “introduce me to the skills needed to write and maintain a blog”.

Ow, that will be hard… me says, with a sly grin ….

Project says have to post a minimum of 8 blogs in a month. Aww, shucks, that’s tough.

I must follow a list of competencies which include ‘demonstrating an understand of basic writing structure for blog posts, to develop well written material, identify and manage information appropriate to share and to display an understanding of how to properly engage and communicate with readers’.

Hence, I need you.

I need comments, criticisms, praise, condemnation … whatever it takes to show I have ‘properly engaged with readers.

The instructions tell me it is important I choose a theme or topic that is based on my interests.

Well, I’d do gardening. Or hedge trimming. Or swimming. Or running. Or housecleaning. Or bed changing. Or Ironmanning. Or Toastmastering. But, each of those topics would draw yawns from my small audience.

And it’s suggested I have a ‘theme’. Apparently it is a good idea to search my chosen title or theme on the internet before making a final decision.

And no matter what my opinion I’m to be prepared to have readers disagree. But they usually do anyway. So nothing different there.
The content should reflect my goals, interests and personality. Think I have something of each, be they debatable by some.
Topics can change – can be inspiring, instructive, entertaining, humorous, informative but consistent. OK. Can work with that.

And I’ve got to be visually appealing. Probably a bit of a hard ask for me at this period in my life.

I’ve got to be regular (something I’ve often had problems with), can post daily or post couple of times a week. Am to be succinct (which many people consider I’m far too adept at) and engaging all with the goal of gaining and maintaining followers.

I’ve spent a couple of hours searching the internet for ideas of ‘themes’. Not successfully.

So went back on the internet to see what the most search engine topics are at present.

Remember, I’m in the UK at present. Some of the most search topics at present include:
- Men looking at combine harvesters …
- Menopause & HRT health inefficiencies for women
- The Euro
- Premier League
- Covid
- Inflation
- Prince Phillip?
- Covid
- Boris

Methinks none of those is going to blend into something I will write.

So I’ll just stick to – me, my thoughts, my opinions (that should stir a few!)

I start tomorrow … need your feedback, please.



3 comments:

  1. Joanna Perry …HOJO part 2!May 18, 2022 at 1:02 AM

    I love your Dot story of life. Reminds us of all the idiosyncrasies of life. Thank you VernašŸ„°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting this Verna.
    Out of curiosity, I pose some questions:
    Is a blog (noun) the same as a diary?
    So is blogging (verb) the same as diarying?
    Where does this word Blog come from?
    Thanks again
    Best to you
    AlaineT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at oneself when trying to get out of the water in Nice.

    ReplyDelete