Wednesday, July 17, 2013

More on the mirror



Think I need to read the last post every day.  To look in the mirror and  remind myself  about being positive anytime I see or think something negative.

There have been a few challenges these past few days.  There seems to have been a metaphorical land slide of things going wrong that have challenged my cognitive brain to think positive, as opposed to negative.  Am thinking about Tony on each occasion and mentally asking myself, what would Tony do, or say?

Aside from the breakage incidents referred to in earlier blogs, more breakages keep coming.  Washed the big waka-van last weekend and found that someone had mildly hit the back corner of the vehicle resulting in a broken rear, reflector/light.  As the Warrant of Fitness is due I will need to pay prompt attention to having the light repaired/replaced.  A phone call to Terry, the infamously positive mechanic soon deduced that the cost to repair would be only a couple of hundred, or, five hundred dollars.  Checked with the insurance company and not worth losing the excess  plus paying the increase in premium.  They’ve got one by the … short and curlies, the insurance companies.

Most upsetting though as it is yet another bill that was unexpected.  As was the $1,100.00 bill received in the mail last week for something I was not expecting.  And so unexpected that I could only put the bill on the pile of others and decide to face it some other, more positive time.  The broken light put paid to that time occurring.

Before either of these things occurred I had vowed to myself that I would not be opening my wallet for anything for a week – no coffee, no treats, nothings.  That lasted less than 24 hours. Was swimming in the pool next morning and after the usual 2 kilometre swim dragged my body from the pool  to the shower for the sole purpose of getting dressed and having my usual post-swim caffeine fix.  Ahh… it tasted so good that everything seemed so positive.  

Then I arrived home to that bill in the mail box.  Don’t see how Tony could have found something positive in that.  Am waiting for his sign of positivity.

The following day’s mail seemed almost as negative, for a mere ten seconds, when I found the amusing side to it.  It was a letter from Auckland Hospital informing me that they had received the referral from my GP regarding my bung knee and on reviewing the referral the orthopedic surgeons had put me on the ‘Urgent’ list.  Therefore I should receive a follow up letter for an appointment with them within 5 months.  That was funny, which was a positive.

Have also been waiting for Tony to give me some sign of guidance and positivity over another matter that has been worrying me dreadfully over the past few days.  My tummy has been churning over and over on an issue that is really none of my business but is close to my heart.  Have been thinking, “What would Tony have done?” Or, “What would Tony tell me to do?”  In actual fact, Tony would never tell me to do anything – he would merely sit and ponder and offer some Soloman-type comments and tell me that I would have to do that which I felt right. 

He loved the fact I had personal values. But with values one can often be faced with complications. 

Values and complications caused me not to sleep well these past few nights - worrying over something dear to the heart - and have hung out waiting for a natural sign of some form, be it from Tony or within.  It had not come.  Until looking in the mirror this morning and thinking of him, then I knew, I could not not act.  And Tony would have approved, I am positively sure.  

The mirror reminded me that one should never look in and reflect back that one shoulda, or coulda, or woulda.  One must be able to look in the mirror and know you did not show indifference to an apparent possibility of an injustice.

Irrespective of whatever the outcome may be on this occasion, thanks again Tony, nice to know you are still helping me forge this life without you. That makes me feel briefly positive.


But could you please be a bit quicker with your guidance in future! 


No comments:

Post a Comment