Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I am looking for a flatmate


I am looking for a flatmate.  

Well, flatmate doesn’t quite seem the right word to use here.  This place isn’t a flat.  So perhaps ‘house mate’ would be more appropriate.  But then that sounds as though I am seeking someone to become an ‘in house’ mate, ie: something other than a flatmate.  And I don’t want that.

Someone said call it a ‘Boarder’, but don’t like that either.  A ‘boarder’ sounds more like someone who moves in and expects me to play the role of Mum, or Aunt.  I don’t want that either.

Someone else said to go seek out foreign language students as there are numerous study institutes looking for places for them.  But that means I would have to provide breakfast and dinner.  I don’t want that either. I am too busy.  And hardly here at those regular times.

I want a flatmate.  It’s all part of living in the future.

I have a spare room, a bedroom filled with bed and furniture and I want to fill it.  With someone.  Someone who has a job, isn’t a student, isn’t under the age of 35, isn’t a smoker, and is in a profession of full time employment.

I placed an ad in Trade Me four days ago and so far have had 4 responses.  Even though I stated was looking for someone 35 plus, the first two applicants were 28 and 33.  Even though the advertisement stated I was seeking a ‘professional’ person (ie: employed), both those first ones were students.  And the next two didn’t thrill me with their short two or three sentences in relation to their spelling, grammar or terminologies. 

Is it too hard to expect there to be people out there who are ‘mature’ and in employment to be seeking a ‘flat mate’ position of residence?
And why do I want them over 35?  Cause I am old.  Well not really old, but too old to call a ‘flatmate’.  And Mariska who lives down stairs is … well …. she’s not  … not exactly young either.

So the person has to feel comfortable having this aging, recreational ‘professional’ living under the same roof, with her ‘aging, amateur recreational friends’ popping in and out.

And clearly the ‘flatmate’ has to be working as I’m charging reasonable dollars for this person to live here.  A student can’t afford that. I am not over charging as checked out all the other Mt Albert houses seeking flatmates, some, with super duper houses, but with 3, 4 or 5 other flatmates, were charging $260 per week.  I am seeking $195.00.  Plus a third share of expenses.

So.  If you know of anyone, male or female, who wants to live close to town.  Close to bus and trains.  Close to St Lukes.  Close to supermarkets.  Close to restaurants, cafes, parks.  Close to three gyms.  Close to city.  Close to motorways.  Close to local movie theatres.  Close to zoo and Eden Park (the two are closely aligned, aren’t they?).  And doesn’t mind 1.5 cats.  

And doesn't mind living with a person who likes to swim, bike, run, gym (ie: they'd probably high tail it if they were dormant, pizza eating TV addicts. Well, I hope they would.  Don't want them either).


But someone who would like a really superb and amazing ‘flatmate’-come–ladylady/person.  Get them to contact me will you.

And tell them I look like,

                           

Not:                  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment